In a significant announcement for the upcoming 2024 election, Surrey Memorial Hospital’s Dr. Claudine Storness-Bliss, an obstetrician and gynecologist, has been named the Surrey-Cloverdale BC United candidate. Driven by a strong desire to tackle the ongoing healthcare challenges, Dr. Storness-Bliss steps into the political arena, aiming to make a positive impact on her community.
- Dr. Claudine Storness-Bliss is BC United’s candidate for Surrey-Cloverdale.
- Storness-Bliss is motivated by health-care system frustrations.
- She advocates for leadership with medical expertise in health care.
- Letters from health-care professionals have highlighted safety concerns at Surrey Memorial Hospital.
- BC United Leader Kevin Falcon supports Storness-Bliss’ candidacy.
- Health Minister Adrian Dix defends the government’s actions in Surrey.
Surrey-Cloverdale BC United candidate: Physician to Politician
Dr. Storness-Bliss’ transition from medicine to politics is fueled by her firsthand experiences with the inadequacies of the current health-care system. She cites resource shortages at her hospital as a catalyst for her decision to run for office. Her medical background, she believes, provides a crucial perspective that is often missing in health-care administration and policy-making.
Health-Care Crisis in Surrey Spurs Action
Recent letters from Surrey Memorial Hospital staff have brought to light severe safety and resource concerns, prompting Dr. Storness-Bliss to seek political change. Her campaign is poised to address systemic issues, such as the need for more effective leadership in health care and the potential benefits of a province-wide health authority to standardize care.
|Dr. Claudine Storness-Bliss, obstetrician and gynecologist
|Health-care system challenges and resource shortages
|Endorsed by BC United Leader Kevin Falcon
|Health Minister Adrian Dix cites ongoing efforts to improve Surrey’s health services
- Vancouver to Face Cold Weather and Rainy Conditions Soon
- Individual Seriously Injured in Shooting Incident in Ajax
- India Accuses Canada of Interference in Escalating Dispute – Watch
The Surrey-Cloverdale BC United candidate for the 2024 election, Dr. Claudine Storness-Bliss, a physician at Surrey Memorial Hospital, is setting out to transform the healthcare landscape. With her strong medical background and passion for advocacy, she represents a fresh approach to addressing the pressing issues faced by her community in Surrey. The October election will determine if voters resonate with her vision for a reformed healthcare system.