Teina Toru Sex abuser: In a recent turn of events, sex abuser Teina Toru was labeled a “monster” by one of his victims and has sought forgiveness in a Napier court. Toru, already serving a substantial sentence for previous offenses, faced additional charges for crimes committed two decades ago. His plea for forgiveness came after a victim impact statement powerfully condemned his actions.
- Teina Toru, a repeat sexual offender, is currently serving over 12 years in prison.
- He was recently sentenced for additional crimes dating back 20 years.
- One of his victims described him as a “monster” in a victim impact statement.
- Judge Bridget Mackintosh extended Toru’s sentence by two and a half years.
Victim Condemns Toru’s Actions in Court
During the sentencing, the courtroom heard the emotional words of a woman who suffered under Toru’s abuse as a teenager. Her statement painted a harrowing picture of the trauma inflicted by Toru, who exploited her vulnerability. This testimony was a crucial factor in the court’s decision to extend his sentence, highlighting the long-lasting impact of his actions on his victims.
Teina Toru Sex abuser: Sentence extended by Judge Napier
Judge Mackintosh, presiding over the case, acknowledged Toru’s troubled past but emphasized the enduring harm done to his victim. The additional sentence of two years and six months will see Toru behind bars for a total of 15 years and three months, a reflection of the severity of his crimes and the justice system’s commitment to protecting the community from such offenders.
|12 years, 9 months
|2 years, 6 months
|15 years, 3 months
- New Policy May Increase Blood Donations Significantly
- Sea Expedition Launches to Find Unknown Species in New Zealand
- Dark Smoke Rises from Auckland Waste Plant Fire
Teina Toru Sex abuser, who was denounced as a “monster” by a former victim, has had his prison term extended after historical offenses came to light. Despite his request for forgiveness, the court has prioritized the gravity of his actions and the protection of the public. With the additional sentence, Toru is to serve over 15 years, ensuring that justice is served for the victims of his past transgressions.